Credit and Collections Specialist
Accounting / Westwood, MA
Security Lock Distributors is seeking Credit and Collections Specialists to join the Accounting Department at their corporate headquarters in Westwood, MA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review accounts that are flagged for credit review prior to order fulfillment.
- Contact customers with past due balances.
- Review and process new credit applications.
- Contact new customers to inform them their new account has been established.
- Review inactive customers and take appropriate action based upon order history.
- Assist with cash applications.
- Monitor the aging numbers for customer accounts and ensure aging is set according to specific customer terms (i.e. 45, 60, 75, or 120 days).
- Monitor the Credit department email account and process payments that come in via email.
- Work with Security Lock Distributors’ credit reporting agency to process credit report requests.
- Assist with other Accounting functions and projects on an needed basis.
- 3-5 years of corporate collections and/or credit experience
- Cash applications experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multitask and prioritize deadlines in a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
- Strong written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact well with customers and to ask for money.
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Effective at fostering a cooperative team environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, manage, and balance multiple tasks and priorities.
- Comfortable working independently and in a team environment.
- Ability at identify problems, draw valid conclusions, and suggest solutions